Friday 2 August 2019

Are we the baddies?

One of the warbands I rolled up for BOYL has a dark elf champion. Since he gets chaos armour as a reward I needed to find an elf-type figure in heavy armour which was a bit of a struggle. I settled on the rather lovely Evil Knight from Midlam Miniatures. He's slightly too tall which I'm doing my best to get over, a bigger issue was the theatrical raised fist which I resolved by repositioning it slightly, drilling through it and giving him a halbard to hold.



I really enjoyed the opportunity to paint a classic Khorne colour scheme - usually I try to go for generic schemes to give me flexibility but I can't see me using this figure for anything else, as a non-Khorne elf champion (without chaos armour) I can represent with the figure on the left.

I don't think I've put him up on the blog before, I finished him off after BOYL a few years ago but forgot to post about him when I got back. I see dark elves as embittered exiled sea / high elves so he's a standard elf warrior with gloomy, but again generic, colours, and a shield design out of the high elf list in Warhammer Armies.

Let's see how my new Khorne champion fairs tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment