Tuesday 7 March 2017

Ulfhdhnar, you shall go to the BOYL

21 weeks until BOYL '17, 29 figures still to paint

Having first undercoated this chap aiming to take him to BOYL '13, and then having him queued up to be the last figure I painted in January I'm sort of pleased to have him as the first figure completed for March. But a bit concerned about that lost month and the way my schedule is stacking up!


I'm also only sort of pleased with how he turned out: overall happy with him and I think the limited colour palette worked quite well, but the colours aren't quite what I had planned. The gloves were intended to be paler and the armour brighter - I still need to get the hang of the visual outcome of shading. But good enough for the table, and almost certainly better than if I'd painted him four years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment