Overall I enjoyed the film, mostly I really enjoyed it, but there were a few bits that I actively disliked as they totally broke my suspension of disbelief:
- Most of the Radagast bits, but especially the orc chase*
- Standing on the knees of giants
- Bits of the escape from the goblin king
- Low magic - so healing is hard and downtime is long
- Low magic - so rewarding players with cool stuff is tricky
- Mary Sue madness - lots of beings that are off the RPG power scale, but not sufficiently aloof from the world (Elrond bad, Gandalf good)
- That story - how to really involve the players in Middle Earth, without having them anywhere near the One Ring or its Fellowship?
* Two Istari (one of whom we've just seen defeat a wraith) plus twelve decently armed dwarves versus a dozen or so warg riders - seriously? Gandalf may have an injunction against confronting Sauron directly, and it may have gone totally against the mood of the book and the film, but those orcs are toast...!